The following metro stations are near to City Hall:
- Sunderland Station Metro Station within the City Centre is 0.2 mile from City
- St Peters Metro Station is 0.4 mile from City Hall (it has lifts for access)
- Park Lane Metro Station within the City Centre is 0.6 mile from City Hall
Please note that there is no parking available at City Hall
There is a vehicle pick-up / drop-off point on Plater Way outside the north facing
entrance of the building which can be used by taxis and other vehicles.
City Hall is accessed by vehicle via St Marys Boulevard onto Plater Way (which is
one-way from east to west) exiting onto Cumberland Street
Park Lane Bus Interchange is 0.6 mile from City Hall; Fawcett Street, where most of the buses stop in the city centre, is also near to City Hall.
The closest bus stops to City Hall are located on St Mary’s Boulevard:
– Adjacent to City Hall – Eastbound, A183 St. Marys Boulevard
– Adjacent to Keel Square – Westbound, A183 St. Marys Boulevar
Notes from this Centre
Please note that the Assessment Centre is located on the Mezzanine Level. The Centre can be accessed by lift but if an emergency evacuation of the building is required such as a fire alarm, the lift cannot be used. There are 12 steps to the ground floor. If you think that you would have difficulty going down the stairs unaided in the event of an emergency, please ring the Appointments Helpdesk number on the accompanying letter at least two days before your appointment date so we can make alternative arrangements for you.